Digital Silk is a digital agency whose primary objective is creating superior experiences for the businesses they provide service for. The agency takes pride in putting in outstanding professional work into every project they undertake and producing remarkable effects. The agency has particularly focused its interest in developing apps aimed at satisfying the needs of the e-commerce business.
Best eCommerce App Development Companies
Are you searching for the best eCommerce app development agencies that will take your business to the next level? We specialize in app development company rankings and after a deep research, we’ve selected the best of them. Go through the following top 3 eCommerce app developers and choose the best experts for your business needs.
Founded in 2014, Sneakers is a digital agency that combines innovation, creativity and technology to deliver its clients results and success. Their services include branding, web and app development, UX design, SEO, marketing, social media and much more.
They work with small and large businesses and some of the clients they have worked with are IBM, Pepsi and Vimeo.
Best eCommerce App Developers Of 2020
If you are still not sure which eCommerce app developers are right for you, then check out the full list of best eCommerce app development agencies of 2020.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Digital Silk||https://www.digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. Sneakers Agency||https://sneakersagency.com||New York||Under 49||$125/hr||$25,000+|
|3. Cofa Media Inc||https://www.cofamedia.com||California||Under 49||$125/hr||$25,000+|
|4. Table XI||https://www.tablexi.com||Illinois||Under 49||$195/hr||$50,000+
|5. DotcomWeavers||https://www.dotcomweavers.com||New Jersey||50 - 99||$120/hr||$25,000+|
|6. Big Drop Inc||https://www.bigdropinc.com||New York||100 - 249||$125/hr||$50,000+
|7. The Creative Momentum, LLC||https://www.thecreativemomentum.com||Georgia||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|8. Blue Fountain Media||https://www.bluefountainmedia.com||New York||250 - 499||$150/hr||$50,000+
|9. Code Inspiration||https://codeinspiration.pro||Belarus||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|10.Edenspiekermann||https://www.edenspiekermann.com||California||50 - 99||$250/hr||$50,000+
|11. Major Tom||https://www.majortom.com||New York||50 - 99||Inquire||$1,000+|
|12. Exaud||http://www.exaud.com||Portugal||Under 49||$55/hr||$1,000+|
|13. Elevated Internet Marketing||https://www.elevated.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|14. Next Big Technology||https://nextbigtechnology.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|15. Brightscout||https://www.brightscout.com||Texas||Under 49||$95/hr||$50,000+
|16. K2 Analytics INC||https://www.k2analytics.com||Nevada||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|17. Solution Analysts Inc||https://www.emergentsoftware.net||Delaware||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|18. ELEKS||https://eleks.com||Ukraine||1000 & Up||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|19. SITSL||https://www.sitsl.io||Texas||50 - 99||$38/hr||$50,000+
|20. FATbit Technologies||https://www.fatbit.com||India||100 - 249||$18/hr||Under $1,000
|21. KWebmaker||https://www.kwebmaker.com||India||50 - 99||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|22. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
|23. IPIX Tech Services PVT LTD||https://www.ipixtechnologies.com||Texas||50 - 99||$20/hr||Under $1,000|
|24. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|25. BoTree Technologies||https://www.botreetechnologies.com||India||Under 49||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|26. CMARIX TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.cmarix.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|27. Kind Geek||https://kindgeek.com||Ukraine||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|28. Imagemme||http://www.imagemme.com||New York||Under 49||$140/hr||$1,000+|
|29. Foonkie Monkey||https://www.foonkiemonkey.co.uk||Colombia||50 - 99||$30/hr||$10,000+|
How To Find The Best eCommerce App Development Firm For Your Business?
Finding ideal developers for your eCommerce app is not an easy task. Even when you have the best companies at hand, it might be still difficult to decide which of them to choose.
Focusing on their strengths and qualities will help you decide which eCommerce app developers to hire. So, make sure the companies you consider offer the following features:
Maintenance And Support
Find out whether the potential eCommerce app development companies will be at your assistance after developing the app. You will need their services when it comes to updates, technical maintenance etc. So, make sure they offer post-launch support.
Knowledge Of Your Requirements
The eCommerce app developers you choose must have the necessary knowledge to create your app. Tell your needs and explain what features you want your app to have. Then, see if they can deliver such an app for you and ask them to explain you the process of app building as well. That way you will know whether they have the required experience to meet your needs.
Ask the potential companies for a cost estimate. Then make comparisons across several teams. However, don’t set a too minimal budget. Make sure you pay for a high-quality app that will bring you return on investment.
What Is eCommerce App Development?
eCommerce app development is the process of creating mobile software for eCommerce businesses. When companies create eCommerce software, they enable businesses to make more sales with less effort.
Nowadays. about 64% of smartphone users, make purchases online. Actually, as Invesp states, smartphone users spend twice as much money as other buyers. This allows the eCommerce industry to grow more rapidly than ever. Thus, the demand for eCommerce apps and eCommerce app development companies is constantly increasing.
Let’s take Amazon and eBay, for example. These brands provide their clients with positive user experience by allowing them to shop using their mobile phones. And, the benefits these companies enjoy are enormous.
eCommerce App vs. Website: What Is The Best Option For Your Business?
Many of the eCommerce websites adjust for mobile use and you can access them without installing them on your smartphone. eCommerce mobile apps, on the other hand, should be downloaded to run. But, which of them is better for your business?
Let’s make a comparison so that you choose the best option for your eCommerce business.
Advantages Of eCommerce Apps
- Mobile sales are increasing. This year, 82% of people have made a purchase using their smartphone in the USA. What’s more, statistics show that 4 out of 5 people use mobile phones to shop. So, people make more and more purchases on their smartphones than they do on mobile websites.
- eCommerce software loads much faster than mobile websites. What’s more, you can instantly access apps without having to run search engines.
- Offer different functionalities and user-friendly features. When consumers use eCommerce apps, you can send them notifications, use their camera, GPS, etc. Some of these features are essential for your business because may play an important role in analytics.
- People spend more time on mobile apps than on mobile websites. A quick fact says that almost 90% of people who use mobile phones spend their time on apps. Thus, mobile app usage dominates mobile web site usage.
- You can access them without being connected to the internet. Some eCommerce apps work perfectly fine offline. Thus, you can use them without an internet connection. However, to make a purchase, you need to be online.
Disadvantages Of eCommerce Apps
- eCommerce apps are much more expensive than eCommerce websites. And, it is not only the development and the design costs. You should also bear in mind that there are expenses after the launching. This includes maintenance and support by the eCommerce app development companies. What’s more, your eCommerce app should run on different operating systems. That might mean hiring different eCommerce developers for iOS, Android and Windows.
- It takes more time to build them. eCommerce apps are complex apps that include different features. Thus, the process of building them is a bit complicated and takes more time than creating a website.
Advantages Of eCommerce Websites
- Mobile websites are cost-effective when compared to eCommerce apps. It takes less work and effort to create them, so the expenses are lower.
- You can optimize eCommerce websites for SEO, Google’s most essential ranking factor. Especially if you want to boost your business, following best practices and optimizing your website is crucial.
- You can access an eCommerce website from any platform and any device. Whether it is Android or iOS…it doesn’t really matter. You simply open your browser and search for the eCommerce business. Some of the apps, on the other hand, are native apps. It means that they can only work on one platform.
- There is no need to download them. To run a certain website, you simply open your browser. You don’t have to download it on your phone.
Disadvantages Of eCommerce Websites
- eCommerce websites are much slower than eCommerce apps. Many website users abandon their carts for this reason. That’s why fewer sales are made via websites.
- They also have a less friendly interface. Some interfaces don’t adjust to other devices than desktops. This may lead to negative user experience.
- You cannot access them offline. To visit a mobile website, you need to have an internet connection. Otherwise, it won’t load.
- There are also expenses for maintenance. Websites require daily maintenance. Whether you add, remove or change something…you need to count on developers even for little details.
These are the major differences between eCommerce apps and eCommerce mobile websites. Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages.
However, before you decide what’s the best choice for your business, read on and find out the reasons why you should invest in eCommerce app development companies and eCommerce software.
How Can eCommerce App Development Companies Help Your Business Grow?
Nowadays, eCommerce apps are taking over the market. The reason is simple; the way people consume has changed. Now more than ever, smartphone users purchase items online. That’s why more and more businesses are hiring specialized companies and investing in eCommerce apps.
Here is why you should also invest in eCommerce apps:
- Better user experience. Mobile apps load 1.5 times faster than the websites we open on our mobile browsers. Moreover, apps also perform faster since they retrieve data quicker. This is great since it contributes to great user experience and more satisfied clients.
- Increased loyalty. For consumers, downloading your app means investing in your brand. When they have your app on their mobile phones, they buy from you. And, you are making them happy by allowing them to use your eCommerce software. Statistics show that mobile users are as twice as likely to open an app within 30 days. This is because whenever they need services from your industry, they will return to your app. This is called loyalty. And, with the help of the right companies, you can get many loyal clients.
- Quick access. eCommerce apps offer instant online and offline access. With only one tap, clients are already in their favorite shop. This is great since clients can consume content quickly. Moreover, what’s great about some apps is that they can even work offline. Unlike websites, eCommerce software allows your clients to access them without being connected to the internet.
- Promotion. This is one of the key reasons why businesses should invest in eCommerce apps and eCommerce app development companies. By sending your client’s promotional and push notifications, you are reminding them to visit your online store.
- Increase conversion rates. The conversion rates for eCommerce software are 3 times higher than the rates of mobile websites. Thanks to the positive user experience, simple navigation and usability, eCommerce businesses can enjoy higher revenue.
To sum up, eCommerce apps are a much better place to shop than mobile websites. They load faster and allow quick access, sometimes even without an internet connection. Investing is eCommerce software will contribute to positive user experience, more satisfied clients and increased revenue.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An eCommerce App?
The cost of eCommerce apps will depend on many different features and functionalities. Thus, how much eCommerce app development companies will charge, will depend on what you want.
Simple eCommerce apps can cost about $5,000 – $30,000. These apps will have fewer features including:
- Payment API integration,
- Registration & login,
- Ratings and reviews,
- Push notifications,
- Shopping cart,
- Basic level UI,
- User profile.
For eCommerce apps of intermediate complexity, companies might charge you approximately $20,000 – $90,000. In this price, you would get some more features such as:
- Sorting of tags, reviews and ratings,
- Social media connection,
- Catchy app icon,
- Cloud Syncing,
- Engaging UI,
Finally, if you hire eCommerce app developers or companies for a complex app, you might pay $50,000 – $150,000. In that case, your app will have plenty of features including:
- Highly interactive & personalized UI
- Advanced multi-vendor handling
- Payment processing
- Auto order confirmation
- Barcodes or QR codes
- Multilingual Support
- Device sensor data
- SMS messaging
- Social sharing
According to your needs and budget, as well as with the help of eCommerce app developers, you can get the perfect app for your business. We also have to note that some companies charge hourly. Thus, you can hire one starting from about $50 per hour.
5 Questions To Ask eCommerce Mobile App Developers Before You Hire Them
About 19 million people around the globe work as software developers. Among them, there are 8.7 million who work on building mobile apps. So, with so many eCommerce app development companies and eCommerce app developers, it is hard to make the right choice for your business.
Before you hire eCommerce app development companies, make sure you ask the following questions. They will help you decide who are the best eCommerce mobile app developers to meet your needs.
- Can you show me some of your previous work? It is always good to know what potential companies have worked on. So, ask them to show you some examples of some apps they have previously built. Moreover, you can ask about their clients as well. The more you know about the company the easier you will decide whether you should hire it or not.
- How much does it cost to build my app? The cost of your app is one of the most essential factors when hiring eCommerce app development companies. Before you hire one, make sure you can afford it. So, always ask for the expenses you will have before and after launching the app.
- What’s the average time of building it? Creating eCommerce software is not a simple process. Especially if we are talking about a more complex app with plenty of features. Thereby, ask the potential companies to estimate in what time they will finish your app.
- How will you manage the project? There are different stages of app development. There is design, development, deployment etc. So, throughout the whole process, everything should be managed the best way possible. Ask eCommerce app developers how will they manage everything and whether they are going to use some project management tool.
- In what ways can I measure the success of my app? The success of your app is quite essential. Thus, you should ask the eCommerce app developers how you can measure it and which metrics you can use.
The list of possible questions you should ask to eCommerce app development companies can be much longer. It all depends on your needs and requirements. So, make sure you ask everything you believe will help you decide which eCommerce app developers to hire.
eCommerce App Development Companies Make Your Business More Valuable
As the number of mobile users increases, more people make purchases using mobile apps. This allows businesses to expand, increase their audience and sales as well.
Having a mobile app is especially important for eCommerce businesses. It makes them more valuable and contributes to revenue growth. That’s why many people hire eCommerce app development companies and eCommerce app developers.
Unlike websites, mobile apps load much faster, have user-friendly features and can work offline. This results in more satisfied clients and more sales.
We know that searching for right companies can be a daunting process. That’s why we created a list of best eCommerce app developers that can make your business more valuable.
Check out our table with the best eCommerce app development companies of 2020, and choose best one for your business needs.