Digital Silk is an agency that has developed considerable specialist expertise in Android app development. The agency is made up of certified and skilled professionals who work closely together to offer the first-class service to their clients, whether they be individual, private or corporate ones. The company operates on multiple locations – Miami, New York City and Milan.
Best Android App Development Agencies
We have researched the top Android app development agencies that go above and beyond, in terms of design and details- Android application developers who are the game changers within technological advancements.
Check out our top three agencies below.
For 12 years, Despark has been delivering digital products to help businesses achieve their business ideas. They have served different industries and worked with plenty of clients like Vodafone, Best Beginnings and Reading Friends.
The skilled team of Despark focuses on understanding your problems. Then they discover opportunities and bring ideas into action.
BariesDev is a fast-growing technology company that offers tailor-made solutions. Their services include IoT, UI/UX design, software development, cloud computing, web development and much more.
This agency delivers solutions to businesses of all sizes including startups. Some of their most notable clients are Google, Motorola & Viacom and Pinterest.
Best Android App Development Agencies 2020
Here you can see the full list of the top Android app development agencies that offer UX design, value for money and are innovative.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Digital Silk||https://www.digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. Despark||https://despark.com||United Kingdom||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|3. BairesDev||https://www.bairesdev.com||California||1000 & Up||$50/hr||Inquire|
|4. ONLINICO||https://www.onlini.co||Georgia||Under 49||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|5. Singsys Pte Ltd||https://www.singsys.com||Singapore||100 - 249||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|6. Calibrate||http://calibr8.io||Illinois||Under 49||$75/hr||$10,000+|
|7. Reinvently||https://reinvently.com||Texas||50 - 99||$75/hr||$25,000+|
|8. Kliento Technologies||https://www.klientotech.com||New Jersey||Under 49||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|9. WillowTree, Inc.||https://willowtreeapps.com||Virginia||250 - 499||$150/hr||$50,000+|
|10. TOPS Infosolutions||https://www.topsinfosolutions.com||California||100 - 249||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|11. Cappen||http://www.cappen.com||Florida||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|12. Westsols||http://www.westsols.com||Oklahoma||50 - 99||$65/hr||Inquire|
|13. Onix-Systems, LLC||https://onix-systems.com||Ukraine||100 - 249||$40/hr||$10,000+|
|14. KoderLabs||https://www.koderlabs.com||Texas||50 - 99||$35/hr||$10,000+|
|15. openGeeksLab||https://opengeekslab.com||Ukraine||Under 49||$35/hr||$10,000+|
|16. Snapwire Software||https://www.snapwire.co.uk||United Kingdom||Under 49||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|17. EMERGE||https://www.emergeinteractive.com||Oregon||Under 49||$185/hr||$50,000+|
|18. Agicent App Company||https://www.agicent.com||New Jersey||50 - 99||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|19. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|20. Emergent Software||https://www.emergentsoftware.net||Minnesota||Under 49||$160/hr||$10,000+|
|21. Briisk||http://www.briisk.co||Poland||Under 49||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|22. manGoweb||https://www.mangoweb.eu||Czech Republic||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|23. YellowFin Digital||https://yellowfindigital.com||Texas||Under 49||$95/hr||$1,000+|
|24. Code Inspiration||https://codeinspiration.pro||Belarus||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|25. Techliance||https://www.techliance.com||Utah||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|26. Sprinble||https://sprinble.com||Nigeria||Under 49||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|27. KWebmaker||https://www.kwebmaker.com||India||50 - 99||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|28. Next Big Technology||https://nextbigtechnology.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|29. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000
|30. CMARIX TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.cmarix.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|31. Kind Geek||https://kindgeek.com||Ukraine||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|32. Coding Pixel||https://www.codingpixel.com||California||50 - 99||$40/hr||$1,000+|
|33. Mobomo||https://www.mobomo.com||Virginia||50 - 99||$51/hr||$25,000+|
|34. Maocular Tech Expert||https://www.maocular.org||Nigeria||Under 49||$200/hr||$1,000+|
|35. Appnova||https://www.appnova.com||United Kingdom||Under 49||$100/hr||Inquire|
|36. Digit Bazar IT Solutions Private Limited||http://www.digitbazar.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|37. Clustox||https://www.clustox.com||Pakistan||Under 49||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|38. TekRevol LLC||https://www.tekrevol.com||California||50 - 99||$30/hr||$50,000 & Up|
|39. iPrism Technologies||https://www.iprismtech.com||India||100 - 249||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|40. Coidea Agency||https://coidea.agency||Ukraine||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|41. Lloyds Design||https://lloyds-design.com||Croatia||Under 49||$45/hr||$10,000+|
|42. Cubix.||https://www.cubix.co||Washington||100 - 249||$49/hr||$25,000+|
|43. ARloopa Inc.||https://arloopa.com||California||Under 49||$30/hr||Under $1,000|
|44. Peerbits||https://www.peerbits.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|45. Imperium Apps||https://imperiumapps.com||Germany||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|46. Arohatech||https://www.arohatech.com||India||50 - 99||$18/hr||$1,000+|
|47. Anadea||https://anadea.info||Ukraine||100 - 249||$30/hr||$10,000+|
|48. Apiumhub||https://apiumhub.com||Spain||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|49. Steelkiwi Inc.||https://steelkiwi.com||Califronia||50 - 99||$35/hr||$10,000+|
|50. Split Reef||https://www.splitreef.com||Ohio||Under 49||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|51. Scand||https://scand.com||Belarus||250 - 499||$30/hr||$1,000+|
|52. Semaphore Mobile, LLC||https://www.semaphoremobile.com||Texas||Under 49||$65/hr||Inquire|
|53. Next Big Technology||https://nextbigtechnology.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|54. STDev||https://st-dev.com||California||100 - 249||$45/hr||$25,000+|
|55. F5 Buddy||https://www.f5buddy.com||India||Under 49||$25/hr||Under $1,000|
|56. Techmango Technology Services||https://www.techmango.net||India||100 - 249||$25/hr||Under $1,000|
What Is Android App Development?
A good question, what is Android app development? An Android app is a software application written by experts using Java, and runs on the Android platform. Because the Android platform is built for mobile devices, a typical Android app is designed for a smartphone or a tablet PC that runs on the Android Operating System.
It’s also a preference by companies, as stated by Android app development agencies, due to the simple fact; android apps enable both big and small businesses to increase sales by giving users a quick way to access the company’s products and enhancing the customer experience by offering direct interaction with the company. It also allows companies to be more competitive in a specific market, due to its cost-effective capabilities.
Although Google Play is the most well known Android-app downloadable site, there are also other popular sites such as; Handango and MoboMarket. They offer millions of downloadable apps for the Android market, as stated by various agencies.
Why Are Android Devices So Popular?
With Android being the most popular smartphone, it’s easy to see why their success rate is so high. Based on Google and Java software, Android’s app development capabilities are much higher than iOS for Apple.
Although Apple is a huge phenomenon, Android wins within the industry, due to the simple fact that it’s the world’s most-used smartphone! Let’s break it down, what is Android? But most importantly, what is the difference between iOS/Android apps?
Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google. It is based on open-source software and is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Another hot topic to take into account is what is the difference between Android and iOS. Basically, Android wins when it comes to affordability, navigation and battery life.
However, iOS may win within the user-friendly, simplified app store stakes, but Android still has the most apps available for download, which the majority are free, with 2.7 million available, whereas iOS apps are at the 2.2 million mark according to Digital Trends.
How Do Android App Development Agencies Create A Mobile Android App?
It’s a common question, probably the most asked. Yet you may be given an estimated time frame, but do that agencies explain in detail their step-by-step processes, what is involved?
- In short, to make any app for any operating system, such as Android, it takes around 4-6 months to build an app.
- Once you have your idea conceptualized, the agency will create mockups.
- Following on from the mockups, the process begins with programming, typically using Android Studio or Xcode software- which are specific to Android.
- Next comes API (Application Platform Interface) which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other. For example, each time you use an app like Facebook, send an instant message or check the weather on your phone, you’re using an API.
- The Android app development agency uses codes, data management, design tools and wireframe, in addition to embedding your curated content, for each section- before finally optimizing it.
- Typically using Java and XML, all of the design and development and usability is tested on phone simulators for any hiccups, as such. It’s common to face issues, that’s why the development stage is crucial- correcting, developing and testing until it is 100% perfect.
- Before being uploaded to the Google Play app store, ready for download by your Android app development agency.
Once Android App Development Agencies have launched your app and it’s downloadable, it doesn’t stop there- apps need constant monitoring and updates- which your selected agency will provide, as part of your agreed terms of contract.
What Is The Difference Between Android And iOS
Let’s keep the differences simple:
- Apart from software, other obvious differences are that Android uses multiple search engines and Apple uses Safari.
- It is well known that Android is now the world’s most commonly used smartphone platform due to the fact it’s used by a vast amount of manufacturers.
- However, iOS is only used on Apple devices, such as the iPhone- limiting its services and adaptability.
4 Advantages Android Has Over iPhone
iPhone may be popular by all means, however Android does have its advantages, which overall helps the user app experience, created by the talented agencies, see some of the advantages Android has over iPhone:
- Better value for money- We all know Apple products are costly, however, you can also pay the same with Android, for example, Google’s Pixel 3 XL and Samsung’s Galaxy Note line almost match Apple’s iPhone pricing, but there’s also a choice of good, low-cost handsets from a wide variety of different manufacturers, that are way under 1,000 USD. The fact that Android also leads the field in free apps makes it the natural choice for the budget-conscious.
- Battery life- Both Android and iOS allow you to see your battery usage at a glance, broken down by app, but only Android shows an estimate of how much battery life you have left. In addition to having a longer battery life too, which is a huge factor within any device.
- Customization- Agencies will tell you that Android is better, for one of these reasons. You have more options within customization of your app design- UI/UX due to its software tools. It’s a known fact you can customize your home-screen with widgets and shortcuts, making it unique and personal.
- Email– The default email apps on Android and iOS are very easy to use and quick to set up. Android and iOS have a huge range of third-party email apps available as well. However, Gmail is a stronger default email app than iOS’ Mail. Since Gmail is the most popular email address system in the world, it makes sense that the Gmail app would be a winner.
It’s the smaller details that Android has over Apple that makes them the most sold smartphone. Such as cost, this is the most major factor- it’s worth it, simply because it has more options, they are well known to charge faster, with a sufficient battery life and are customizable, which is always popular!
What Android Apps Are The Most Popular On The Market?
According to Android Authority, the most popular Android apps included security and navigation tools in 2019.
Their top 3 are:
- Google Drive
- Waze and Google Maps
What is Bouncer? Bouncer is a security app, that basically let’s you give temporary permission to applications. So, for example, you can let social media platforms access your location long enough to check into a place, and Bouncer disables the permission once you leave the platform. This is the ultimate in time saving- not having to disable access and turn off location settings multiple times.
Google Drive will always be popular due to its convenience, the ultimate in cloud storage solutions where new users get 15GB for free permanently!
Another Google must, and the most used and most popular on Android, is Google Maps. Since Google dominates the virtual navigation system, they thrive to offer places of interest, along with traffic data, and the most precise directions.
How Do Free Android App Development Agencies Make Money?
How Android App Development Agencies make money is a question we all think about, in terms of how a company leverages their brand within a free, downloadable Android app, and how do they gain their return on investment (ROI)? Well, free apps are more popular than purchased apps, with a staggering 90% of them in market being free downloads according to TechCrunch.
Here are some ways free Android apps can be monetized:
- Advertising (display ads and banners): A display ad, also known as a banner ad, is a form of online paid advertising that is typically a designed image, that is used to advertise exactly what that user placed in his or her cart to get them to complete the purchase that they left before.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is the use of email to promote your business. Android App Development Agencies use it to cultivate relationships with potential customers, keep current customers informed and updated on your brand, offer coupons to encourage customer loyalty, and more!
- Subscriptions: A subscription is the right to receive a product/ or issues of a magazine or periodical in exchange for money. For example, a consumer might pay an annual fee to receive test/sample products.
- In-app Purchases: In-app purchasing refers to the buying of goods and services from inside an application on a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet.
Using a mix of formats and placements, it can generate maximum revenues to the agencies, as well as the engagement to its users.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An Android App?
There are several factors to take into account, regarding the cost of developing an Android app. Let’s break it down into sections:
- Google Play store’s fee may be low cost, at only $25.00 per annum, however, in addition to annual fees, app store owners take a 30% cut of sales.
- The actual cost of the development of an Android e-commerce app can cost from $8,000 to $50,000.
- In addition, everything from buying equipment and software licenses, for example:
- Social media integration: $500–$1,500
- In-App Purchasing: $1,000-$4,000
- Infrastructure + Database: $1,000–$5,000
- Share Capabilities: $500-$1,500
All in all, Android app development agencies can cost anywhere from $30,000-$170,000 depending on the complexity of your app and its purpose.
What To Look For In An Android App Development Agency?
There are several aspects to consider when hiring an Android app development agency. The trick is to identify your business needs and search for an agency based on those needs. Matching your strengths and weaknesses with a top agency’s skill set and expertise will bring you more success in the long run.
- Budget: In our list above, we provided you with a price estimate for each company. As a business, you must decide how much you are willing to spend on Android app development agency?
- Brand fit: What type of Android app development agency would best fit the culture of your business? An Android app developer who gets along with you and understands your vision will bring the best results possible.
Get The Best Results From Your Android App Development Company
We’ve given a brief insight to top agencies that we think are some of the best in the industry, as well as trying to educate the difference between Android and iOS, for example.
However, with a lot of information and questions, we are giving you a quick run through again by highlighting the crucial factors you need to think about, in terms of what you need as an app, your theme and purpose, and whether you decide to make it available free to download:
Research, research research! We may have listed our top agency picks, however, it’s best to check out their previous and current projects to ensure that they are the right agency for you- do you click? Do you have a similar vision?
We all know that Android is the most used device worldwide, however, that does not automatically make every app popular and successful. Make sure you take into consideration the trending, most successful apps that can also be monetized too- your Android app development agency should be able to advise you on this.
Ensure the agencies that work with you on the demographics and marketing of the finished Android app- this is usually included in the project cost.
Your app should be leveraged as your brand voice and should speak to your customers easily. In addition, the software designed for your app, by your Android app development company should have quick loading times, with minimal cache, to avoid heavy storage.
Aside from the agencies’ work portfolio, make sure you have a strong working connection with them, perhaps there is something you may not understand, so you must have the confidence to communicate wholeheartedly- after all this is your Android app you are paying for.
Our key questions and points to consider is a guide, to make it easier for you to decide.