Digital Silk is an agency operated by a team of application software experts who are highly competent in the field of iOS/iPhone app development. Their team of developers works on building mobile applications with strategic insights so as to enhance brand awareness, carry out higher conversions and get measurable results.
Top iOS/iPhone App Development Companies
Recruiting an iOS app development company of good repute may just be the final nudge that catapults your business into a realm of high-profile enterprises. Take a look below at the three very best iOS app development companies before we divulge into a well-argued overview of what they are, how they form their prices and what to look for in them.
Since 2003, Aptera has been specializing in software, web and mobile app development. They provide solutions for enterprise-level companies and have served numerous clients. Among their notable clients, there are Red Gold Tomatoes, Messenger and The Papers.
Aptera’s designers, developers and project managers work on delivering high-quality products that increase engagement and bring positive results.
The Alfam is a creative consulting, web and mobile app development agency that helps businesses grow. They bring ideas to life and always deliver high-quality, unique and memorable products.
Apart from product development, they also specialize in UX/UI design, marketing and branding. Some of their notable clients are Pair Gap, The Clue Lace and Jennifer Post Design.
Best iOS App Development Companies Of 2020
Expanding on the gold, silver and bronze medallists above, we have also procured the most comprehensive and definitive list of each and every iPhone app development company based on multiple criteria. Skim thoroughly through the catalog of iOS app development companies below and look for your ideal partner according to their location, size, pricing, specific expertise, and portfolio content.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Digital Silk||https://www.digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. Aptera||https://www.apterainc.com||Indiana||50 - 99||Inquire||$50,000+|
|3. The Alfam||http://thealfam.com||New York||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|4. Confianz Global Inc.||https://www.confianzit.com||North Carolina||50 - 99||Inquire||$1,000+|
|5. Ziba Design||https://www.ziba.com||Oregon||50 - 99||Inquire||$1,000+|
|6. The Hybrid Creative||https://thehybridcreative.com||California||Under 49||$165/hr||$10,000+|
|7. 10Clouds||https://10clouds.com||Poland||100 - 249||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|8. altr||http://www.getaltrd.com||Massachusetts||Under 49||$200/hr||$10,000+|
|9. FuseLab Creative||https://fuselabcreative.com||Virginia||Under 49||$70/hr||$10,000+|
|10. 4Geeks||https://4geeks.io||Delaware||Under 49||$99/hr||$10,000+|
|11. Symphony Solutions||https://www.symphony-solutions.eu||Netherlands||500 - 999||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|12. Brain Bytes Creative||https://www.brainbytescreative.com||Georgia||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|13. Social Link||https://sociallink.com||Tennessee||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000+|
|14. Signifly||https://signifly.com||Denmark||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|15. thoughtbot||https://thoughtbot.com||Massachusetts||50 - 99||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|16. Moove It||http://www.moove-it.com||Texas||50 - 99||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|17. InfinixSoft||http://www.infinixsoft.com||New York||Under 49||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|18. Appus Studio LP||https://appus.software||Ukraine||Under 49||$27/hr||$1,000+|
|19. Make Directory Developers||https://mk-dir.com||Massachusetts||Under 49||$75/hr||$1,000+|
|20. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|21. Cappen||https://www.cappen.com||Florida||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|22. EMERGE||https://www.emergeinteractive.com||Oregon||Under 49||$185/hr||$50,000+|
|23. RocketBuild||https://rocketbuild.com||Indiana||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000+|
|24. LaSoft||https://lasoft.org||Ukraine||50 - 99||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|25. Code Inspiration||https://codeinspiration.pro||Belarus||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|26. ALTA Digital||https://www.altadigital.com||Portugal||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire
|27. Wesrom Corporation||https://wesrom.com||United Kingdom||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|28. moblers||https://moblers.com||Israel||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|29. Techliance||https://www.techliance.com||Utah||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|30. LAKSN Technologies||https://www.laksn.com||India||50 - 99||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|31. KWebmaker||https://www.kwebmaker.com||India||50 - 99||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|32. Next Big Technology||https://nextbigtechnology.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|33. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000
|34. Ionixx Technologies||https://www.ionixxtech.com||India||100 - 249||$49/hr||$10,000+|
|35. Nimap Infotech||https://nimapinfotech.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|36. Digit Bazar IT Solutions||http://www.digitbazar.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|37. Cifwep||https://cifwep.com||Nigeria||Under 49||$50/hr||Under $1,000
|38. ArtVersion Interactive||https://artversion.com||Illinois||Under 49||$165/hr||$10,000+|
|39. Codewave Technologies||https://www.codewave.com||India||50 - 99||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|40. BC WEB WISE||https://www.bcwebwise.com||India||50 - 99||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|41. S-PRO||https://s-pro.io||Ukraine||100 - 249||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|42. Lloyds Design||https://lloyds-design.com||Croatia||Under 49||$45/hr||$10,000+|
|43. CMARIX TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.cmarix.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|44. Kind Geek||https://kindgeek.com||Ukraine||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|45. Awake||http://www.awake.us||California||Under 49||$175/hr||$10,000+|
What To Look For In iOS/iPhone App Development Company?
iOS as a platform revered for its feel of exclusivity and elite user experience. When considering to employ the services of a company that develops iOS apps, one must always be aware of several key points that can make or break the deal. We strongly advise reading the entire guide on this page, as the three points below are merely a summary of some of the most important aspects discussed.
iOS apps are pricy and it’s expansive to develop them as well! One thing you can do to save your budget is to employ the professional help of offshore companies. Certain regions charge less per hour than iOS development companies in developed nations and you can get the end result of the same quality. But there are also drawbacks to this! In our cost-related section of the guide, we are discussing the pros and cons of location-based decisions.
Native Or Hybrid?
You might feel compelled to create an app that’s good for any other OS besides Apple’s iOS. However, think twice before choosing to create a hybrid app. You might think that reaching twice the audience is a no-brainer, but there may be some ramifications when going it this way. Have a look at our guide’s “What Are iOS Apps Development Companies” section for the full explanation of this.
A Specific User Base
Once your iOS app is in AppStore, it will be subject to adoration (or scrutiny) of millions of VERY specific users. Apple enthusiasts are a unique demographics, in that they’re very prone to trends, always looking at what’s coming around the bend and can be very picky. But, if you get it all right, they’ll be a very grateful audience to have as they appreciate faultless app solutions.
What Are iOS App Development Companies?
Companies that specialize in conceiving, developing, testing and deploying Apple iOS applications may hold the key to a holy grail for any business serious about itself and its future. It’s pretty self-explanatory that these firms create and develop iPhone and iPad apps. But their line of duty and capabilities can and must go well beyond just sitting down with some blueprints and coding sheets.
It goes without saying that if you own or are a manager/decision-maker in a firm that is looking to break through and blaze a trail in your niche, you need to have a mobile app. It may seem like it’s absolutely irrelevant what platform/operating system you wish to build the said app for. However, it’s anything but.
Android and Apple/iOS differ hugely – and the same can be said of the market, the consumers you’re trying to reach: your target audience. Neglecting the influence of the power of AppStore and its reach is something your business can’t afford and here is why (in a nutshell):
- Brand recognition – being a part of an up-scale market raises visibility
- High return on investment
- iOS’ trailblazing ways may push the limit of your app and, consequently, your business
- Access to largely affluent and high-end audience
- Best performance, security and user experience
And many more, but we will not expand on that, assuming that you already know the benefits if you’re here, seeking an iOS app development company.
What you should know about iOS users is that they are:
- Spending more on in-app purchases than Android users
- Generally prone to being more tech-savvy and open to trendy, new products
iOS app development companies are thinking and acting from these premises. You as a business should consider several things regarding these firms: how they form the cost of their work and what is the difference between the so-called hybrid and native apps. The former we’ll address separately.
- Native iOS apps are made to only run on iOS. As such, they are built with all the operating specifics of iOS and generally run more smoothly, their development is way faster and even less costly than for Android (thanks to Swift programming language), they have more functionalities and fewer glitches and are more stable than…
- Hybrid apps, designed for multiple operating systems and, though reaching the audience double the size, are usually less lush with features and functionalities
As Apple’s array of products continuously diversifies, iOS app development companies are met with constant requests to deliver products not only for new versions of iPhones and iPads, but for devices such as Apple Watch as well. Working with iOS app development companies on a joint project can open up a whole new world and be an experience that enriches your company’s insight into your own priorities as well.
What Does A Top iOS App Development Company Do?
The best iOS app development companies should have a well-laid out and detailed plan of action for each stage of app development.
- Conceiving the idea with the client and delivering the product: This means making iOS apps for a diverse range of Apple products AND all subsequently adjusting them for each new version that is rolled out. However, transparency of the process, careful planning and synergy of thoughts and ideas with the client (ie: you) is a preferable way to do it – not making decisions unilaterally.
- Thinking about user experience: A good iOS app development company will set aside their own preferences and aspirations if they are in a collision with the top-notch user experience delivery. This means that thorough research into the habits and desires of users is needed to create an app that is both easy and engaging to use.
- QA and testing: High-budget iOS app developers usually have the means to conduct quality assurance tests on tangible, physical devices they’re making the apps for. Simulators can get the job done, but its conclusions are, well…inconclusive. You’ll know you’re working with the very best if they provide a multi-faceted QA test results with not a single aspect left behind. Testing functionalities and features for bugs and errors BEFORE the release is a must.
- Technical support: And once the product is out, the overseeing must never stop. You should feel at ease and confident enough so that whenever your app experiences issues, the developer’s team of specialists is at your disposal to jump in whenever needed to take care of the problem.
Ultimately, when deciding on the iOS development company, consider the following:
- Can they retain your brand identity with their product
- How open they are to working closely with you on product’s every aspect
- How they delegate duties and how specialized their team is to tackle the task
- How passionate they feel about your very app idea
iOS App Development Companies’ Cost: What Factors Into It?
Two crucial factors that will influence the cost of your iOS app development are:
- The location of iOS app development company of your choice (onshore or offshore)
- The sheer complexity of iOS app you plan to build (basic middle or complex)
We could add some secondary factors as well which would be:
- The sophistication of app design
- App’s administrative part (backend)
- Company profile (whether it’s a new start-up or a well-versed industry veteran)
- Company’s team size
- The time needed to develop an app from scratch
As for the particular app-building cost itself, depending on all of the above, the range can be very wide – from $2,000 to $300,000. On average, businesses had to pay around $50,000 to launch a sturdy, reliable iOS app.
Launching an iOS app is costly, for all the reasons touched upon during the course of this article. That’s why, if you’re on a tight budget – or at least trying to spend as little as possible – a thorough research into what functionalities and features you really need is necessary. A good iOS app development company will help you determine that and provide their suggestions for a well-functioning app that has everything it needs with no excess stuff.
The tricky thing here may be defining the time-frame needed to finalize the iOS app product. Depending on the complexity of it, this might be broken down as follows:
- 400-750 hours for a simple functionality application
- 750-1100 for medium complexity application
- Well over 1200 hours for apps of high complexity
Different developers have different hourly rate so make sure that is one of the first things you learn about when looking for one.
9 Questions You Must Ask iOS App Developer Company Before Choosing One
As a final method of making sure you are deciding correctly when opting for one iOS app development company over all others, here is a list of questions you can (or rather, should) ask them regarding their process, habits, and values.
- Have you ever worked on a similar project or on a project of similar scope?
- Do you have a track record of working with clients or a portfolio of works that can be aligned with our needs and ideas?
- How experienced is your team doing this kind of work?
- Is there a project manager that will make sure the project is kept on track?
- What is the emergency crisis plan in case something unplanned happens near the end of a project (with due date approaching)?
- How flexible is your team regarding some on-the-go changes and new ideas that may come from our end?
- Can we expect a post-release analysis and success estimate (and suggestions for improvements)?
- How do you determine your price and how will cost change with new obstacles encountered on the way to app release?
- Will our team of marketers have their say in the app’s development process?
Apple’s app market is extremely diverse and exciting. Your brand can benefit hugely from finding a competent iOS app development company that can help you claim your place in this vertical.
We have explored the specifics of iOS app development companies and the niche they’re working in, the habit and profile of Apple users, the factors of prices iOS development companies charge their work at and what are their obligations.
Now that you’re well-informed on this thriving market and the way it operates, it may be the time to find your iOS app development company to partner with. Use our list at the beginning of this page to browse through the vast selection of said firms according to their team size, hourly rates, location and numerous other criteria.