Top Mobile App Development Companies
Google Play and App Store host well over 2 million apps – each. The competition for user attention is intense. So, to win your market, you need a mobile app development company that can deliver the best quality within your budget.
We have screened thousands of top mobile app development companies worldwide to find the most reliable and cost-effective ones for your business. Here are our top three:
Appscrip is a leading mobile app development company that creates popular business models by using up-to-date technologies. Its team serves businesses of all sizes, from startups to corporations. They have a worldwide presence and have worked across industries, including publishing, banking and metallurgy.
Sunflower Lab is a mobile app development company that always focuses on doing what’s best for the customers and strongly believes that it is all about solving problems. Its skilled team creates mobile apps and responsive web apps for startups and global brands around the world. With their innovation, knowledge and experience, they deliver desired results and business success.
Best App Development Companies Of 2020
Here is the full list of carefully screened local and foreign top mobile app development companies that have a proven track record of developing high quality, well designed and cost-effective mobile applications:
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Digital Silk||https://www.digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. Appscrip||https://www.appscrip.com||Georgia||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|3. Sunflower Lab||https://www.thesunflowerlab.com||Ohio||50 - 99||$99/hr||$10,000+|
|4. Athlon||https://www.weareathlon.com||Canada||50 - 99||Inquire||$1,000+|
|5. The UX Designers||https://theuxdesigners.com||New York||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|6. Applied Imagination||https://appliedimagination.com||Georgia||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|7. Digital Authority Partners||https://work.digitalauthority.me||Illinois||Under 49||$120/hr||$25,000+|
|8. Next Big Technology||https://nextbigtechnology.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|9. Ingsoftware||https://www.ingsoftware.com||Serbia||50 - 99||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|10. Miew Creative Studio||https://miew.pt||Portugal||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|11. UNION||https://union.co||North Carolina||50 - 99||$125/hr||$50,000+|
|12. Bast LLC||https://wearebast.com||Idaho||Under 49||$85/hr||$1,000+|
|13. Carmatec Inc||https://www.carmatec.com||India||100 - 249||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|14. Wrecking Ball||https://www.getwrecked.com||Florida||Under 49||$175/hr||$50,000+|
|15. Entrision||https://entrision.co||Wisconsin||Under 49||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|16. First Line Software||https://firstlinesoftware.com||Massachusetts||500 - 999||Inquire||Inquire|
|17. Pengreen Design||https://www.pengreendesign.com||Brazil||Under 49||$60/hr||Inquire|
|18. Ziggle Tech Inc.||https://www.ziggletech.com||New York||50 - 99||$65/hr||$10,000+|
|19. Fusion Informatics||https://www.fusioninformatics.com||California||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|20. Steelkiwi Inc.||https://steelkiwi.com||California||50 - 99||$35/hr||$10,000+|
|21. Xhilarate||https://xhilarate.com||Pennsylvania||Under 49||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|22. Code Inspiration||https://codeinspiration.pro||Belarus||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|24. Techliance||https://www.techliance.com||Utah||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|25. UNL Solutions||https://unl.solutions||United Kingdom||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|26. RootQuotient||https://rootquotient.com||Canada||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000+|
|27. LAKSN Technologies||https://www.laksn.com||India||50-99||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|28. Imperium Apps GmbH||https://imperiumapps.com||Germany||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|29. Berg Software||http://berg-software.com||Romania||50-99||$40/hr||$10,000+|
|30. YellowFin Digital||https://yellowfindigital.com||Texas||Under 49||$95/hr||$1,000+|
|31. Art Fresh Inc.||http://www.art-fresh.ca||Canada||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|32. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000|
|33. Miracle Digital||https://www.miracles.com.hk||Hong Kong||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|34. IPIX Tech Services PVT LTD||https://www.ipixtechnologies.com||Texas||50 - 99||$20/hr||Under $1,000|
|35. Ionixx Technologies||https://www.ionixxtech.com||India||100 - 249||$49/hr||$10,000+|
|36. Nimap Infotech||https://nimapinfotech.com||India||100-249||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|37. EMERGE||https://www.emergeinteractive.com||Oregon||Under 49||$185/hr||$50,000+|
|38. Digit Bazar IT Solutions Private Limited||http://www.digitbazar.com||India||50 - 99||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|39. Cappen||http://www.cappen.com||Florida||Under 49||$60/hr||$10,000+|
|40. Soft Suave Technologies||https://www.softsuave.com||India||100-249||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|41. ALTA Digital||https://www.altadigital.com||Portugal||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|42. ENABLE STARTUP||https://enablestartup.com||Vietnam||Under 49||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|43. BC WEB WISE PVT LTD||https://www.bcwebwise.com||India||50-99||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|44. ICON Worldwide||https://www.icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|45. Sidekick Interactive||https://www.sidekickinteractive.com||Canada||Under 49||$120/hr||$50,000+|
|46. BoTree Technologies||https://www.botreetechnologies.com||India||Under 49||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|47. DxMinds Innovation Labs Pvt.Ltd||https://dxminds.com||India||50 - 99||$28/hr||$1,000+|
|48. S-PRO||https://s-pro.io||Ukraine||100 - 249||$50/hr||$25,000+|
|49. Highland Solutions||https://highlandsolutions.com||Illinois||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|50. CMARIX TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd.||https://www.cmarix.com||India||100 - 249||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|51. AppClues Infotech||https://www.appcluesinfotech.com||Massachusetts||50 - 99||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|52. Kind Geek||https://kindgeek.com||Ukraine||100 - 249||$25/hr||$10,000+|
|53. Coding Pixel||https://www.codingpixel.com||California||50 - 99||$40/hr||$1,000+|
|54. Web Peppers||https://web-peppers.com||Ukraine||50 - 99||$25/hr||Under $1,000|
|55. Aptera||https://www.apterainc.com||Indiana||50 - 99||Inquire||$50,000+|
|56. Promatics||https://www.promaticsindia.com||India||100 - 249||$18/hr||$5,000|
Why Develop A Mobile App?
Our phones have become an extension of our person and our go-to source of information, shopping assistance and direction.
However, to understand how mobile users interact with brands, we have to distinguish between mobile-optimized web and app presence.
General statistics are largely in apps’ favor:
- Users spend as much as 87% of their mobile internet time on apps. (Source: ComScore)
- The engagement rate is significantly higher for mobile apps than for mobile-optimized websites. (Source: TechCrunch)
- In-app conversion rates are 100-300% higher than in mobile-optimized websites. (Source: CleverTap)
But this doesn’t mean that an app is guaranteed to benefit your business.
In fact, most apps go under the radar with very few downloads and poor to no engagement.
What Are The Most Popular Mobile Apps?
Users have shown a preference for specific types of apps. According to Statista, the most popular app categories in 2019 were:
- Games: 24.63%
- Business: 9.76%
- Education: 8.52%
- Lifestyle: 8.33%
- Entertainment: 5.99%
- Utilities: 5.18%
- Travel: 3.89%
- Health & Fitness: 3.04%
- Productivity: 2.99%
- Book: 2.49%
- Finance: 2.42%
- Music: 2.35%
- Social Networking: 2.24%
Deciding whether to invest in mobile application development should be based on extensive research and in-depth business analysis and planning.
It is a hefty investment – one that, with careful preparation, execution and the right mobile app development company, can yield a great return.
How Long Does It Take To Develop A Mobile App?
App development project duration depends on two factors:
- The mobile app development company, particularly their expertise and the effectiveness of your collaboration.
- The scope and complexity of your app.
Assuming that you have screened multiple mobile app developers, found your perfect partner, established a great working relationship and communicated your requirements effectively, your mobile application development should take:
- 3-4 months for the simplest apps with very few wireframes, no backend or integrations and a simple UI, provided that you have all the information and content prepared beforehand.
- 4-6 months for moderately complex apps with more sophisticated wireframes and UI, simple backend and a few integrations.
- 6-12 months for high-end apps.
But, keep in mind that mobile application development work never truly ends.
Apps should evolve as user feedback comes in and the OS requirements change, as well as scale with the growing user base.
Therefore, our advice would be to look for a mobile app development company you can establish a long-term relationship with.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App?
Mobile application development cost depends on the above-mentioned factors. Here are the typical ranges based on app complexity:
- $1,500 – $5,000 for the simplest apps: you can keep the cost down by handling UX and UI designs in-house.
- $10,000 – $50,000 for moderately complex apps: this is the usual range and the final price typically depends on the outsourcing location.
- $50,000 – $250,000+ for high-end apps: mainly games and other apps with highly sophisticated backend systems and designs.
These rates do not include content, marketing or post-launch maintenance.
How To Hire A Mobile App Development Company?
With the ever-expanding mobile market, for most businesses, having an app is no longer optional.
It is essential if they want to stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
Therefore, hiring a mobile app development company is a must.
Here are some of the things to consider before choosing between mobile app developers:
Decide Between On Or Offshore Mobile Application Development
Are you looking to collaborate with a local (onshore) or foreign (offshore) mobile app development company?
US-based top mobile app development companies are renowned for the quality of their work, both in terms of design and development. They are going to be able to visit you on-site if and when necessary, and working with them will keep you within your own cultural, legal and business environment.
Foreign mobile app developers offer different benefits depending on their region.
Eastern European top mobile app development companies are respected for their design and development skills, but command somewhat higher rates than other popular outsourcing hubs. Nevertheless, partnering with Eastern European mobile app developers will still give you a significant cost advantage in comparison to the home-based ones.
South and East Asia mobile app developers have immense and greatly varied talent pools which allow them to quickly find the skill sets you need. These regions are also known for their cost efficiency as they are one of the most competitive markets in that respect.
South America is quickly catching up to the other popular outsourcing hubs. South American top mobile app development companies will also offer competitive rates with the added convenience of overlapping time zones.
Research Before You Hire An App Developer
When researching mobile app developers in your target regions, take note of:
- Their origins story: Of course, every mobile app development company has to start someday and somewhere, but even the mobile app developers should have a story that testifies to their potential. Who is their founder and what is her or his track record? What can you learn about their team? Have they received any awards or other accolades? Look for signs of collective character and credibility.
- Their presentation: The biggest issue with most IT organizations is that they lack interest and understanding of the business side of the products they make. This is one of the most important aspects of your future app, i.e. the value it will provide to your users and to your business. So it is advisable that you carefully examine the app development companies’ websites and other content to gauge how invested they would be in understanding your target market and your business needs.
- Their reviews: Try to find any third-party reviews of the app development companies’ services. We advise you not to make this the decisive factor, rather a point of conversation if the company piques your interest enough to schedule an interview.
- Their rates: Some companies will display their rates on their website or on third-party platforms. Be sure to check if your budget would fit these, but keep in mind that the rates you see online may not be definitive.
5 Questions To Ask When Interviewing Top Mobile App Development Companies
With your search narrowed down to three to four top mobile app development companies, you’ll be ready to initiate deeper conversations with each.
While interviewing the candidates, be sure to address the following:
- Their past experience: Previous exposure to your industry and experience building apps similar to yours will not only give you an idea of what you can expect from them, but potentially reduce the development time as they are already familiar with the matter.
- Their technical skills: What are their preferred tech stacks and why? What type of skills and expertise do they harness within their team?
- Their preferred development method: While Agile is the gold standard of software development in general, some companies have their own take on it, or they will prefer other methodologies like Rapid App Development (RAD) or Waterfall. Whatever their answer is, try to gauge how carefully they’ve thought their methods through as these will define the way your app development process flows and the way your two organizations will collaborate.
- Their retention rate: You want your app development team to be stable so that you don’t lose time or focus on consistently training newcomers.
- Their post-development/maintenance services: Apps need to evolve, so you may want to discuss the possibility of a long-term collaboration with your prospective app development partner.
Last Tips On Hiring Mobile App Development Companies
Make sure to familiarize yourself with some technical aspects of mobile app development.
The process of researching and choosing the perfect mobile app development company can be overwhelming, so it helps to know exactly what you are looking for.
Selecting a business model for your app is also important. Do you want a full-service package or custom-picked mobile app development services?
These are the final things to keep in mind before making a decision.
Sign The Contract And NDA Agreement With Your Mobile App Development Company
You’ve selected your mobile app development partner.
Now all that remains to make your partnership official is to sign the contract.
Your development partner is likely to have a contract template on file.
At this point, you will want your legal representative involved to edit and expand the contract according to your organization’s requirements.
It is not unusual to go back and forth with this a few times until both parties are satisfied.
Besides the contract, discuss the NDA agreement with your legal team to ensure your app and intellectual property (IP) are protected.
Be sure to have this agreement signed and sealed before you share any sensitive data with your app development partner.
Start Mobile Application Development!
Your project is now ready to take off. Your mobile app development partner and your in-house team will work closely to create the product roadmap that will guide the creation of your app.
This way, you will be able to follow the evolution of your app from start to finish.
And once it is done, you will have a tailor-made product on your hands.
All thanks to choosing the right mobile app development company for your business.